Saturday, January 25, 2014

About Me

Hi, my name is Kelsie Jefferson and I am a senior Accounting major at Henderson State University.  I was born in El Dorado Arkansas on June 16, 1992.  After living there for a year, my family moved to Cleveland, Tennessee.  Two years later, my sister, Lindsay was born! After seven years in Tennessee, we moved back to El Dorado where I graduated from Parker's Chapel High School in 2010.  About a year ago, my father took a rental property management job in Richmond, VA.  I spent last summer in Richmond doing an accounting internship.  Because my dad works so far away, it makes spending time with my family difficult.  My mom is constantly traveling between Virginia and Arkansas, while my sister just started her first year of college at University of Central Arkansas.  When I graduate with my bachelor's degree, I hope to spend another year getting a master's degree in business administration.  After I receive my master's degree, I would like to get hired as a tax accountant and begin studying for the CPA exam.  I've been playing the flute for 12 years and am currently on scholarship at Henderson.  Music has always been very important to me.  In high school, I competed and placed very well in every competition I entered.  I achieved a great goal when I placed first in my region on flute as a senior.  I had spent many hours practicing, and I was so excited that all my had work had finally paid off.  My other hobbies include reading, cooking, watching Disney movies, and spending time with my boyfriend, Preston.
This summer, I am taking a trip with the school to visit Ireland and Scotland. I'm very excited about the opportunity to study abroad!  Going to Ireland has always been on my bucket list, so this summer I can mark that off!  I'm interested to learn about the Edinburgh castle and see Loch Ness.  In addition, I am looking forward to observing the different cultures and tasting many unique foods.  Throughout my final semester at Henderson, I will be posting responses to questions posed in my Travel and Study class.  I hope that by the time I leave to go to Ireland and Scotland, this class will have taught me what I should anticipate upon arriving.

No comments:

Post a Comment